Wrenegade Sports is seeking an entrepreneurial-minded professional with significant not-for-profit experience and passion for fitness and healthy living. The ideal candidate will be a versatile independent self-starter, with strong outreach, administrative, and volunteer recruitment skills, and a desire to learn and rapidly grow the new Wrenegade Sports Foundation and its mission.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Burlington, Vermont
The Community Outreach Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing strategy and programs that make positive contributions to Wrenegade Sports event host communities. This responsibility includes recruiting and managing volunteers for all Wrenegade Sports events. In addition, the Community Outreach Manager will be responsible for the administration, programs, fundraising, and strategic plan of the Wrenegade Sports Foundation. Employed by Wrenegade Sports, LLC, the Community Outreach Manager will report to the Wrenegade Sports, LLC management team with additional oversight from the Wrenegade Sports Foundation Board of Directors.
General responsibilities for the Community Outreach Manager will include:
- Wrenegade Sports Foundation operations including volunteer recruitment in all Wrenegade Sports event communities.
- Wrenegade Sports Foundation board recruitment and governance;
- Wrenegade Sports Foundation Financial performance and viability including fundraising;
- Wrenegade Sports Foundation mission and strategy development and implementation;
- Wrenegade Sports administration including establishing and maintaining 501(c)3 status.
The Community Outreach Manager position offers great opportunity for development and increased management responsibility as Wrenegade Sports continues to expand.
Wrenegade Sports Foundation is a newly established not-for-profit organization. The mission of the Wrenegade Sports foundation is to leave the Wrenegade Sports event host communities better than we found them by creating innovative programs that positively and tangibly benefit local charitable causes and community groups.
Wrenegade Sports, LLC, is a rapidly growing start-up company that organizes innovative athletic events. We are currently focused on building our Farm to Fork Fondo series of bicycling events, with eight events planned for 2018 in Virginia, Vermont, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and Maine. Our company has a mission to whip up the perfect combinations of health, social good, community and fun into unique and awesome events.
Wrenegade Sports offers a rare opportunity to work full-time in the athletic event organization industry. We constantly interact with everyday athletes, community leaders, farmers, municipalities, and local and international brand sponsors. Our participants are enthusiastic and achieving personal challenges. We inspire healthy lifestyles, promote farm fresh foods, preserve open space, and enrich communities through our innovative and inclusive events.
Ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications:
- Passion for fitness and healthy lifestyle;
- Significant not-for-profit experience including experience in development;
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation;
- A proven track record of volunteer and staff recruitment and management;
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector;
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers;
- Strong networking skills;
- Strong, professional communications skills;
- Budget management skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365;
- Ability to work meet short deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team and take on a leadership role;
- Detail oriented with a dedication to quality control;
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively, work on select weekends and holidays, work outdoors, and work extended hours;
- Friendly disposition with sense of humor, ability to put people at ease, and ability to improvise;
- Ability to quickly react to changes in plans;
- Ability to calmly and clearly communicate safety instructions;
- And must be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license without restrictions.
Please send resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org