Operations & Event Production Intern
Wrenegade Sports is seeking an Operations and Event Production Intern that also has a strong interest in entrepreneurial business and a passion for fitness and healthy living. The ideal candidate will be versatile, with a fierce attention to details and a strong desire to learn and be involved in all aspects of the business. In addition to negotiated weekly hours, candidates must be able to work several days at all six 2017 Farm to Fork Fondo events (click to see event website) and attend staff training weekend in May. Each event will include three paid days; all other internship hours are unpaid.
Wrenegade Sports is a rapidly growing start-up company that organizes innovative athletic events. We are currently focused on building our Farm to Fork Fondo series of bicycling events, with six 2017 events in Vermont, New York, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Maine.
Depending on the skillset of the selected candidate, the Operations and Production Intern will be responsible for some of the following duties:
- Event production including permitting, course building, infrastructure installation, supplies procurement, and post-event breakdown/cleanup
- Volunteer coordination
- Sponsorship sales and coordination
- General office administration as required.
In addition, the Operations & Event Production Intern will be a part of the pre-event production crew, reporting directly to the Course Manager, and be responsible for some of the following:
- Venue build & tear down
- Venue staffing
- Course Marking
- Course Support
- Farm to Fork Fondo – Hudson Valley, June 9-11, 2017 (plus carpool travel on June 8 & 11)
- Farm to Fork Fondo – Finger Lakes, June 23-25, 2017 (plus carpool travel on June 22 & 25)
- Farm to Fork Fondo – Vermont, July 14-16, 2017
- Farm to Fork Fondo – Pennsylvania Dutch, July 27-29, 2017 (plus carpool travel on July 26 & 30)
- Farm to Fork Fondo – Maine, August 25-27, 2017 (plus carpool travel on August 24 & 27)
- Farm to Fork Fondo – Berkshires, September 22-24, 2017 (plus carpool travel on September 21 & 24)
- Company training weekend on May 13-14, 2017 in Vermont
Ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications:
- Strong, professional communication skills
- Ability to perform tasks in a timely fashion and stay on a strict schedule
- Friendly disposition with sense of humor, ability to put people at ease, and ability to improvise
- Ability to quickly react to changes in plans
- Ability to calmly and clearly communicate safety instructions
- Passion for fitness and healthy lifestyle
- Ability to work well in a team
- Detail oriented
- Strong work ethic and ability and desire to work extended hours
- High energy
- Proactive and solutions-oriented
Our company has a strong mission to whip up the perfect combinations of health, social good, community and fun into unique and awesome events.
Wrenegade Sports offers a rare opportunity to work in the athletic event organization industry. We constantly interact with everyday athletes, community leaders, farmers, municipalities and international brand sponsors. Our participants are enthusiastic and achieving personal challenges. We inspire healthy lifestyles, promote farm fresh foods, preserve open space, and enrich communities, sharing it all in our innovative and inclusive events.
Please send resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com.