Wrenegade Sports is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator to that also has a strong interest in entrepreneurial business and a passion for fitness and healthy living. The ideal candidate will be versatile, with a fierce attention to details and a strong desire to learn and be involved in all aspects of the business. Based in our Burlington, VT office the Volunteer Coordinator will start in January 2018, must be able to work several days at all 2018 Farm to Fork Fondo events, and be available to attend our staff training weekend in May. Wrenegade Sports offers a competitive salary and generous sponsor product giveaways. As Wrenegade Sports continues to scale up, the right candidate may be eligible to grow into a management position overseeing a team of coordinators and will be instrumental in the creation of the Wrenegade Sports Foundation.
Wrenegade Sports is a rapidly growing start-up company that organizes innovative athletic events. We are currently focused on building our Farm to Fork Fondo series of bicycling events, with eight events planned for 2018 in Vermont, New York, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Maine, and Virginia.
The Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for some of the following duties:
- Recruit, manage, and energize six to eight volunteer teams (50-70 people) to staff our event venues and farm-based aid stations at each of our eight events.
- Highlight and articulate the rewards of participation in Farm to Fork Fondo Volunteer Competition to organizations in the regions where our events take place; create relationships with community-based organizations and other farm and food related resources.
- Collaborate with the Event Sponsorship & Publicity crew to strengthen the existing volunteer competition.
- Train and mentor our seasonal crew members to effectively oversee volunteers; provide comprehensive pre-event information to volunteer team captains.
- Maintain and grow collaborative relationships with volunteer teams and their sponsoring organizations.
The ability to travel is essential, as some pre-event season travel will be required. The Volunteer Coordinator will have the opportunity to visit the locations where our events take place to conduct outreach and research, and to meet face-to-face with potential collaborators.
The Volunteer Coordinator, like all Wrenegade staff, is an integral part of the event production team, and will be responsible for some of the following duties prior to and directly following event days:
- Venue build & tear down
- Venue staffing
- Aid station staffing
- Company training weekend on May 12-13, 2018 in Vermont
- Farm to Fork Fondo – Shenandoah
- Farm to Fork Fondo – Hudson Valley
- Farm to Fork Fondo – Finger Lakes
- Farm to Fork Fondo – Vermont
- Farm to Fork Fondo – Pennsylvania Dutch
- Farm to Fork Fondo – Maine
- Farm to Fork Fondo – Berkshires
- Farm to Fork Fondo – additional date TBD
Ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications:
- A proven track record of volunteer or staff recruitment and management
- Experience with non-profit and community-based organizations is strongly preferred
- Strong, professional communication skills
- Ability to perform tasks in a timely fashion and stay on a strict schedule
- Friendly disposition with sense of humor, ability to put people at ease, and ability to improvise
- Ability to quickly react to changes in plans
- Ability to calmly and clearly communicate safety instructions
- Passion for fitness and healthy lifestyle
- Ability to work well in a team
- Detail oriented
- Strong work ethic and ability and desire to work extended hours
- High energy
- Proactive and solutions-oriented
Our company has a strong mission to whip up the perfect combinations of health, social good, community and fun into unique and awesome events.
Wrenegade Sports offers a rare opportunity to work in the athletic event production industry. We constantly interact with everyday athletes, community leaders, farmers, municipalities and international brand sponsors. Our participants are enthusiastic and achieving personal challenges. We inspire healthy lifestyles, promote farm fresh foods, preserve open space, and enrich communities, sharing it all in our innovative and inclusive events.
Please send resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com.