Wrenegade Sports is seeking a Marketing Intern that has a strong interest in digital marketing, social media, entrepreneurial business, and also a passion for fitness and healthy living. The ideal candidate will be versatile and able to analyze multiple marketing campaigns and manage budgets. In addition to negotiated weekly internship hours, candidates must be able to work several days at eight 2018 Farm to Fork Fondo events and attend staff training weekend in May. Wrenegade Sports offers stipends to its interns along with generous sponsor product giveaways. Wrenegade Sports offers generous sponsor product giveaways to its staff. This internship offers a solid opportunity for development, increased responsibility, and growth within the company as we continue to expand, with potential for advancement into full and/or part-time paid positions.
Wrenegade Sports is a rapidly growing start-up company that organizes innovative athletic events. We are currently focused on building our Farm to Fork Fondo series of bicycling events, with eight events planned for 2018 in Vermont, New York, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Maine, and Virginia.
Depending on the skillset of the selected candidate, the Marketing and Event Production Intern will be responsible for some of the following duties:
- Digital marketing including Google Adwords
- Search engine optimization
- Social media marketing including Facebook Ads Manager
- Wrenegade Sports lifestyle brand outreach including content creation and inbound marketing
- Analyzing marketing effectiveness with Google Analytics and managing marketing budgets
In addition, the Marketing and Event Production Intern will also work as part of the event production crew, and be responsible for some of the following duties prior to and directly following event days:
- Venue build & tear down
- Venue staffing
- Aid station staffing
- Course Marking
- Course Support
Internship responsibilities will commence with the spring semester and those hours are negotiable depending upon each applicant’s interests, availability, and potential corresponding course requirements.
Interns will work through September 2018 as part of the event production crew and are required to work all eight events as well as attend a staff training in May. Event dates are currently under development.
- Company training weekend on May 12-13, 2018 in Vermont
- Farm to Fork Fondo – Shenandoah
- Farm to Fork Fondo – Hudson Valley
- Farm to Fork Fondo – Finger Lakes
- Farm to Fork Fondo – Vermont
- Farm to Fork Fondo – Pennsylvania Dutch
- Farm to Fork Fondo – Maine
- Farm to Fork Fondo – Berkshires
- Farm to Fork Fondo - location TBD
Ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications:
- Strong, professional communication skills
- Ability to perform tasks in a timely fashion and stay on a strict schedule
- Friendly disposition with sense of humor, ability to put people at ease, and ability to improvise
- Ability to quickly react to changes in plans
- Ability to calmly and clearly communicate safety instructions
- Passion for fitness and healthy lifestyle
- Ability to work well in a team
- Detail oriented
- Strong work ethic and ability and desire to work extended hours
- High energy
- Proactive and solutions-oriented
Our company has a strong mission to whip up the perfect combinations of health, social good, community and fun into unique and awesome events.
Wrenegade Sports offers a rare opportunity to work in the athletic event production industry. We constantly interact with everyday athletes, community leaders, farmers, municipalities and international brand sponsors. Our participants are enthusiastic and achieving personal challenges. We inspire healthy lifestyles, promote farm fresh foods, preserve open space, and enrich communities, sharing it all in our innovative and inclusive events.
Please send resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.